Thank you Peter,

I will be hosting both websites on the same CPU.

Does this make any difference?

-----Original Message-----
From: Tilbrook, Peter [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2001 11:28 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: ColdFusion Server Professional

Fernando,

The short answer is no.

ColdFusion is licensed PER SERVER.

This means that if you purchase TWO licenses (and the associated
media/manuals) of ColdFusion Server Professional you can then install said
software on TWO server boxes, no more.

will I be able to have several webservers on the same server using the
Professional Cold Fusion Server or do I need the Enterprise
edition?--example:

sub1.domain.edu
sub2.domain.edu

If they are on the same "box" you have no problem.

ColdFusion Professional is fine unless you require the extra features
offered in the Enterprise Edition (clustering, load balancing, etc).

Check out http://www.macromedia.com/products/coldfusion/ for the details on
what differs between Professional and Enterprise. This site will be leaning
to 5.0 but most still applies to at least 4.5x.