This is an old knowledge base article, but here's some info about
configuring the data sources to minimize memory leaks:
--------------
Please make the following performance tuning configurations within the
ColdFusion Administrator.

1. Uncheck the "Maintain Database Connection" for all Access and SQL
datasources. This should be done whether they are utilized or not.
2. The max buffer in all Access datasources should be set to 0.
3. "Simultaneous Requests" should be set between 5-7 per processor. For
example, a dual processor would be set around 12.

The full article is at
http://www.allaire.com/Handlers/index.cfm?ID=1505&Method=Full

John
www.cornells.com