hello, i've been working on this problem for a few days and i'm not having
any luck solving it so i was hoping someone could help.

i'm creating form fields from a query so i have dynamically created vars
that are passed to my next page. on the next page the vars are checked and
if there is an error in input then a message is logged, the original form
page included and then the message is displayed. trouble is, i need to put
the values that the user entered back in the form fields. i can't seem to do
this because i have to find variables based on dynamically generated data.
Has anyone done this before and if so, can you tell me the best way to do
this. also note that my form names are a concatenation of three variables
(category table: categoryName__categoryID__categoryDataType) this info needs
to be passed to the processing page so i have to name them this way. Not
sure if that throws a wrench in anyone's solution. If anyone can guide me
i'd appreciate it. I've already exausted my knowlege. Thanks.

newbie