I have a client that wants to take orders on the internet.  I have never
done this.

It works this way right?
1) Person orders stuff
2) CC info is passed to CC company via a "plugin"
3) CC company sends approval information back to web site
4) web site tells user if approved or not
5) if CC approved notify a user an order has gone through

Then i would create a login application for the user to to collect the
order information under SSL.  Or i could email the order minus the CC
information.

How is step 2 encrypted?  Does the "plugin" send the information to the CC
company encrypted?

The company is currently looking for a CC company to use for phone orders,
and internet orders.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Chad