Hi. I wanted to take a second to introduce myself or re-introduce myself

and to tell you about my new role here at Macromedia. I am Matt Brown
and I am the new Community Manager for the ColdFusion (and SiteSpring
among other products) here at Macromedia.

What is the role of the Community Manager and why should you care?

The primary goal of the Community Manager is to build, grow, and nurture

a enthusiastic designer and developer community. A enthusiastic
developer and designer community is a community that feels empowered,
respected, heard and involved. Our mission is to provide the mechanisms
to educate, create awareness, inform, and capture feedback that will
drive our company towards superior products and programs for the
developer and designer community.

To make that work I am going to be working with a team creating programs

here at Macromedia to help make you all more successful as Macromedia
customers. I also am here to take in your feedback and get that to the
development and marketing teams for the various products.

I think that Macromedia may have seemed remote at times and we are
committed to making that perception of distance change.

I don't have specifics that I can talk about yet about what we have
planned, but I think all of you will enjoy what we are going to do over
the next months. We are just beginning to plan and I really need you all

to participate with me and tell me what you like and what you don't like

about our products, processes and our community.

While I can't make promises that we are going to be able to do
everything everyone wants, I can promise that we will be listening. I
can promise we will work with you to make you more connected to
Macromedia and to each other in this community that that is growing
around our products.

I am very excited about this new role and to be working here with you
all to make something very special happen in this community.

You can reach me by posting on the forum here and adding "attn CM" to
the beginning of your subject lines to make it easier to find your
posts. You are also welcome to mail me directly at
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] and put the same "attn CM" at the beginning

of your subject line. You can also call me at my desk at (650) 481-4525.

If you need to, you can call me on my cell phone as well.

About me.

I have been here at Macromedia for just under six years. I have managed
partner relations for Dreamweaver and UltraDev for the last 3 or so
years and before that I was on the QA team for Dreamweaver, Backstage
and xRes. Before I came to Macromedia, I was the Mac support lead for
Photoshop at Adobe and at the very beginning of time I was at Ashton
Tate working on their graphics products as a production artist in their
documentation group. At Adobe I was active in many community building
roles on line at AOL and in person so I am especially looking forward to

being back to working directly with our designers and developers.

I have technical edited a bunch of Photoshop, HTML, and Illustrator
books. I was on the faculty of the San Francisco State University's
MultiMedia Studies program for a couple years and taught at Foothill
College on the Peninsula for a couple of years. I have spoken on various

Dreamweaver related subjects at Thunder Lizard conferences, UCONs,
Internet World, Seybold, MacWorld, WWDC and user groups of all sorts.

My actual degree is in Soviet East European Studies, so a rousing
discussion of the First Five Year Plan or Rural Electrification would be

most welcome.

I make furniture in my spare time. I make wine with a group every
harvest and I have been dabbling in making beer (ales) and distilling
eau d'vie. I also like cooking and sea kayaking although not at the same

time.