From: Matt Robertson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2001 2:17 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Webstat

Thanks for the reality check. Makes perfect sense as all of a sudden you
could wind up body-slamming your db versus a simple textfile append. Maybe
the thing to do if I really want to get serious about this is to parse the
log file into a db table and go from there.

Bah.  I need about another 6-8 hours in the day to keep up with all this
stuff.

Cheers,

--Matt--

from: Dave Watts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 16:50:45 -0400

> Yup. With sql server in query analyzer, run the following script
> in the db you want logging. After that, go to your iis box(s) and
> create an odbc connection to that database if it doesn't exist.
> Finally, on the logging section of the iis properties, where it says
> log file format, it's normally set up to w3c log file format. One of
> the options is ODBC logging. Switch to that.

It's worth noting that this may significantly decrease web server
performance, according to Microsoft.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496