Is it possible to call a java or COM object and have that object execute
asynchronously, i.e., outside the CF process?  In my specific case, I'm
trying to pass off a bunch of emails to a listserv product.  Collating the
data (email addresses, subject, body, etc.) takes very little time in CF but
handing off this information to the third-party COM object takes an
unacceptably long time (changing vendors isn't an option).  More generally,
I can see where this question would have relevance to, say, executing DTS
tasks via COM, and I'm sure there are other cases where something like this
would be desirable.  Maybe this isn't possible in any simple sense, but
maybe someone has done something like this with CF Schedule or something.
Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,

Glenn Olsen
www.doceus.com