Hi,

I'm taking my first stab at database replication and have run into a
stonewall.

I'm using SQL Server 2000. When I go to Tools - Create and Manage
Publications it takes me to the server and various databases within it I can
choose to designate as a Publisher. I choose the database I want then I
click 'Create Publication'. then I click next and go to the first window of
the Create Publication Wizard which allows me to 'Select Distributor'. I
choose the same server that the Publisher is going to be on and I receive a
dialog box that says:

'SQL Server Agent on 'MYSERVER' currently uses the system account, which
causes replication between servers to fail. In the following dialog box,
specify another account for the Service startup account.'

I click ok and then this is where I get lost. On this dialog box I guess I'm
supposed to specify another account somewhere, but I already found out that
this account is not one I create here, it seems like someone has to set it
up somewhere else, then I have to enter it here. What exactly is this
account and where does it initially get created? I do not maintain the
server that contains the Database I wish to designate as a publisher and
distributor so I'm going to have to relay the problem to them. Or maybe I'm
doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help

Sal