This is true, but in order to be able to access your databases from within
CFStudio or from within UltraDev, you need an RDS password.  This allows you
to view the tables and columns from the live database and be able to use
them to build your queries. If you have a local version of CF running, you
probably set your own RDS password.  When you install CF server, you are
given the option of using the same password for RDS as the CF administrator,
or a different password to be able to access data sources in CF Studio.

tom

"Brian Hogue" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> tom -
>
> Are we talking about the same thing?
>
> I know that all I do in CFquery is name, datasource, datatype, userid and
> password. CrystalTech hosts my application. When I test locally, my
CFqueries
> have name, datasource and datatype. Can you reconcile what you said
against what
> I just said? Thanks in advance.
>
> -brian
>

> tom muck wrote:
>
> > Yes, but to gain access thru RDS in CFStudio or UltraDev you need the
RDS
> > password.  I wonder how other people do it in a shared environment.
I've