Anandtech is using some Linux software that seems to be working quite well.

Read the article here: http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=1456

-----Original Message-----
From: Randy Smith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: August 9, 2001 3:34 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: OT: Hardware Load Balancers

Hi all!  I'm hoping that I can get some insight and guidance in the
load balancing arena.  My little group provides intranet apps for
various parts of my company (some of them CF, some not).  These apps
are spread across HP-UX, Linux, and NT, and are also spread across
multiple sites.

We're looking for a smallish, inexpensive piece of hardware that would
recognize that a server was down and route traffic to an alternate.
It would be a bonus if it could recognize the app via URL, and route
to a designated replacement.  Right now, we're not worried about
session and client variables.

Recommendations, prices, thoughts?  Vendors welcome.

Many thanks!!!

Randy Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]