From: Brian Doyle [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2001 6:52 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: strange problem since CF 5.0

We were experiencing some serious memory leaks with Cf 4.5.  Initally we had
been told that upgrading to CF5 would help so we did.  It didn't fix the
problem but I found a thread somewhere that talked about the need for
locking verity read writes.  That seemed to fix the problem.  However since
that time we've had a different, and much more puzzling problem.  Recently
we've had times when our site will appear to go down.  I am still able to
get in to the server via term serv but when I bring up the task manager it
says that I only have about 500k of memory free (out of 512 MB).  Naturally
I switch to the processes tab to see what's up but strangely nothing is
utilizing more than 3MB of RAM.  This generally persists for about 20
minutes but then suddenly all my memory will come back and things will be
normal.

Has anyone seen something like this?

-Brian