I'm not having much luck coming to a solid conclusion on this, so I was
wondering if anyone on the list might know.

Is it possible to have a verity collection that can index documents on
remote, disparate (not networked together) machines.  I have a few
different sites that have pdf documents available for download that I
would like to index and be able to search from a different site that is
running CF.  The url returned would then (ideally) be for wherever
the matching document was found.

I thought this might be possible using CFHTTP or the new Verity spider,
but I haven't done much with either of these, and I've never built a Verity
collection from datasources that were not on the same box that CF was
running on.

Any recommendations on how this might be achieved?

Thanks, George