From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2001 6:41 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Javascript Validation & Coldfusion ?

I tend to place the js in the action page, assuming the dropdown is in a
form.

This is what I use to force someone to select a value from a prefix field.

<CFIF parameterexists(FORM.NAME_PREFIX) IS "no" or #trim(FORM.PREFIX)# is
''>
        <SCRIPT Language="JavaScript">
                alert("Please Select a Prefix");
                history.back();
        </SCRIPT>
        <CFABORT>

JoAnn A. Schlosser
Senior Consultant
Association Management Software
Grant Thornton LLP
Washington, D. C.
703.837.4428

        This e-mail is intended solely for the person or entity to which it
is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
Any review, dissemination, copying, printing or other use of this e-mail by
persons or entities other than the addressee is prohibited.  If you have
received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender immediately and
delete the material from any computer.