------------------------------

Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 10:57:43 -0400
From: "Timothy Lynn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: OT: Removing some ODBC drivers

'lo all,

Strange question here. I'm not sure *how* I did, but I have quite a few
redundant ODBC drivers installed on my system in
different languages. For simplicity when installing Office 2k, I usually
install the whole thing rather than clicking
through its millions of options, and I assume this is where the drivers
came from (though I've done this on other
machines and have not had the same result with the ODBC drivers..
weird). Anyway, I'd like to remove the redundant
drivers, and just keep what I use -- SQL, Access and Oracle, all in
English. Is there a way to go about doing this?

thanks,
tim

Tim,

Try looking in the ODBC dialog under drivers, if you look under the file
heading it will display the name of the dll file that
you want to remove, then run

regsvr32 -u dllname.dll

and that will unregister the dll from windows and you can delete the
file from your system folder.

There is one problem with this, if you look at the file the different
languages point to it, it appears to be the same for
english as well as other languages for many of the entries.

EX:
Name                                            Version                 Company
 File

Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)                 4.00.4403.02            M$
 ODBCJT32.DLL
Driver do Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)       4.00.4403.02            M$
ODBCJT32.DLL

So if it points to a different file you can probaly safely remove it, if
not I would leave it alone

Jim

"There was no such thing as the Internet five years ago."
--Neil Herman, Smith Barney

"Is that when Al Gore invented it?"
--Anonymous Programmer
                            B L A Z E   i n t e r . N E T
                 103 Pleasant Ave #2    |  Jim Finucane - sandwich maker
       Upper Saddle River, NJ  07458    |  jim(at)blaze(dot)net
           201-825-1313 Fax-825-4949    |  http://www.blaze.net