Hi, There,
Can someone show me how do this simple task?  I need to copy data from
one table to another. The SQL Server book I have gives me an example
that doesn't work. It says
insert into address
    (name,phone,address)
    values (select name, phone,address from prod_address)
I run it but the error message points to the select query.

 I know you can declare variables and store the result of the select
query in them, then insert into the table.
Does anyone know this? I am using SQL Server 7.0 and I want to run it
from Query Analyzer, not cfm page.
Thanks a lot.

Nathan Chen