1. Unencrypt it.
2.

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Tilbrook [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2001 7:50 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: SOT: Intellectual Property (warning)

I've just experienced a "joyful" situation where one of the largest local
ISP's sacked ALL of their web developers.

Problem is with "Intellectual Property". Australian developers who deal with
the Commonwealth would understand this.

The company I am contracted to are withholding payment (to the other
provider) for services because:

a) - The "solution" included ActiveEdit (from cfdev.com) without being
properly licensed. To be blunt it stopped after 30 days.

b) - crucial templates, eg: for browser detection (crucial on a Government
site) were delivered in an "encrypted" form.

I am still trying to explain why ColdFusion programmers "encrypt" code
without much luck. Theft? I reckon YES. I have to prove it! The fact that
this company sold code to my current employer in "shareware" form is a big
worry.

I could go on and on. Here's a message to Peter Freitag - they call their
solution "ActiveCMS".