From: John McCosker [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2001 10:48 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: submit buttons

Has anyone worked a way round this?

I have a form with multible submit buttons, each submit will perform a
different procedure when submitted.

I want to use the name attribute of each button to define my conditions in
the next template e.g.

<input type="submit" name="process" value="Process Order">
<input type="submit" name="calculate" value="Calculate">
<input type="submit" name="compare" value="Compare">

<cfif isdefined("process")>
        process..
<cfelse>
        <cfif isdefined("calculate")>
        calculate..
<cfelse>
        <cfif isdefined("compare")>
        compare..
</cfif>
</cfif>
</cfif>

The only problem is the design team insist on using graphics for the form
buttons
the name attribute does not work with

<input type="image" name="compare" src="../../images/compare.gif">

neither do they want to use a class attribute and style the button which
would work..

I know I could pretermine their decision making and send them to one of
three forms but its going to mean more work for me.
I like this way because its cleaner.

If anyone worked a way round this I would appreciate to hear from you.

Cheers

JMC