before reloading CF.. try to reapply the latest MDAC.  sounds like some of
your db drivers may be the root cause.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce, Rodney [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2001 2:01 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: OT: Way Slow web pages

We upgraded to CF5 in June and this is the first time this slow down has
happened.
I have stopped and restarted all the services, but for us this has not seem
to help.
Looking at the Debug info, the queries are running slow. taking up to 10X as
long.
a simple bd hit to get a page count is taking ~900ms. the few pages without
any queries seem to ok.

This is happening in both ACCESS and SQL 7,  We are testing the same pages
with both and both are taking this performance hit, so its not just Access
being slow or SQL having a problem.

Next option I can think of which I DON'T want to do would be to reload CF.
just reloaded SQL and ACCESS.

Thanks for the info