From: Tilbrook, Peter [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, August 26, 2001 11:41 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: sending pdf to the browser

Janine,

First stop would be www.adobe.com to learn the MIME type that Acrobat
expects. eg: application/acrobat (MS Word uses application/msword for
example) - this may differ for the MAC and may need to be configured on
the web server. Chapter 34 of Ben Forta's excellent Macromedia
ColdFusion 5 Web Application Construction Kit (About ColdFusion and
Non-HTML Content) goes into utilising MIME types in your applications.

Another alternative could be ActivePDF (www.activepdf.com) although if a
MAC version is available I'd be surprised. WOrth checking out however, I
used it for an Online Wills site.

Cheers!

Peter Tilbrook
ColdFusion Applications Developer