At 05:12 PM 08/27/2001 -0400, you wrote:

> > >As a side, however, why are there even "unofficial" functions included in
> > >the standard distribution of ColdFusion?
> >
> >    It's a common thing.  There are tons of undocumented functions as part
> > of the Windows API, aren't there?
> >    They do this so that they (in this case the 'they' is Allaire
> > /Macromedia ) do not have to document or support these functions, yet can
> > still use their functionality.
>

>that may be the case, but raymond implied that one wasn't to use the
>function at all (it's "dangerous")...  and seeing as how he's from
>macromedia, i wanted to know why it's included if it's not supposed to be
>used.

  Don't make the mistake of thinking that ray speak on behalf of
Macromedia.  Some disclaimer should be in his sig or something because I
know I've heard (see?) him say (type?) it before.

  This issue might get titchy.  If someone had not decryted (illegally, I
might add) the CFM template, you would never know that these functions
existed.  The issue is not that these functions are not supposed to be
used, it is that they should be used only at your own risk.  And if they
don't work the way you want them to, no one is gonna feel sorry for you.

--
Jeffry Houser | mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
AIM: Reboog711  | ICQ: 5246969 | Phone: 860-229-2781
--
I'm looking for a room-mate in the Hartford CT area, starting in August