Actually, be sure to run 4.5.1
4.5 as far as I know cf server needs to be updated to 4.5.1 to run
properly...

-----Original Message-----
From: Kay Smoljak [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2001 8:02 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: CF and Windows 2000

On Mon, 27 Aug 2001 00:50:17 -0700, Sharon Fling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
>Has anyone had problems running CF 4.5 on a W2K workstation? I'm new to
>W2k and when I tried to get CF going, found that I couldn't use
>Personal Web Server, but was told that I had to run IIS. But IIS turned
>my machine into a true web server, broadcasting to the Internet, and I
>couldn't seem to turn it off and still get CF server to run. I ended up
>going back to my old development machine for my CF work and using the
>other machine for everything else. I'm a little afraid to try the
>install on the W2K machine again because right after I installed the CF
>4.5 upgrade, the system hung and I ended up having to re-install
>Windows 2000 again. But I'd like to consolidate onto the W2K
>machine and free up the old machine, so perhaps I'll try again.
>So can someone tell me the optimal configuration for running CF
>with Windows 2000? Which version of CF? I have 4.0, the CF 4.5
>upgrade, and getting 5.0 in a couple of weeks. I have IIS of
>course, but am concerned about being hacked. Has anyone used PWS
>with W2K? Thanks, I'd appreciate any help I can get!

If you are using Win2K Professional, the IIS that it comes with is not the
full version of IIS, but a cut down version which is essentially the same as
PWS (only not quite so crap :)). You can use a thirdparty firewall, or
simply disable anonymous access to sites running on it.

HTH,
K.