> > That is, indeed, most disturbing.
> >
> > Hm... Allaire heard us (and listened) when we spoke up before.  Maybe we
> > all need to speak up now, to make this work for all of our community,
> > not just the few with deeper pockets?

I am just getting on top of this thread, but I want to at least post a note
and let people know that we are listening. I am going to find out what we
can do about the issue. We are very committed to ColdFusion and our users.

I can't tell you how often in every meeting I go to, the question comes up,
how can we support CF better in product ________ (you pick which one).

My guess, off the top of my head, based on 10 years of experience in
shrinkwraped software, that the code base for CF4.x was closed and archived
long before CF5 shipped. It would be really unusual to come out with an
update for a previous version of a product to make it compatible with a
server that was not released when the product was. Perhaps there is
something that we can do though so I will look into that.

I am sorry this is causing frustration here, I should have been on top of
it a little earlier, but the volume of mail here is quite high and I was
catching up.

Matt Brown                                                   Community Manager
Macromedia              (650) 481-4525       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Register now for Macromedia DevCon 2001!  Visit for more information and
to register http://www.macromedia.com/go/devcon.