I've never tried this, but have you thought about making it possible for the
client to download RTF versions of said content? If you search Google, I
think you'll come up with some templates for RTF documents.  I was
researching this once, but the project never went through so I didn't
actually get a chance to try it.

If you control your own server,  I believe there are also components you can
install/call that allow you to write directly to Word or Excel and create
fully formatted documents.

I believe somebody else on the list can pop up with information on how to do
a dynamic PDF document.

The other thing I would suggest is try to educate your clients when you
first sign them.  Try to access their expectations and then educate them on
what realistic expectations they should have.  I've found this works best.

H.

Howard Owens
Internet Operations Coordinator
www.insidevc.com