Jeffry,

Thanks. The idea was to create Next Record and Previous Record buttons
on my page. Perhaps it would be simpler to find the next alphabetical
element, but I just couldn't see it.

I was thinking was that, if my current record's index was 5, I could get
the next record by simply adding 1 and the previous record by
subtracting 1, since the array positions would be numbered sequentially.

Maybe there's a common way of doing this that I haven't come across yet.

Regards,
--John