> Any suggestions for a decent "apache for dummies" kind of
> book? I'm not looking for an all-encompassing tome, but
> rather one of those quickie books where you get up and going
> quickly and then can delve into a larger tome later if you
> wish ...

Fortunately, Apache is so simple to work with, you can save your money.
Simply read the httpd.conf file, which will explain nearly everything you
need to know, at least for basic things like configuring virtual servers.
For advanced stuff, like setting up SSL, you might need to read other
things.

For what it's worth, an Apache-using friend of mine (whose opinion I
respect) didn't care for the O'Reilly Apache book at all.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496