This sounds like marketing BS to me. A properly installed ColdFusion serv
er
is more secure than the webserver its installed on. I've done work for th
federal reserve and they had no problem at all using ColdFusion to move
literally billions of dollars. CF is certified secure for use within
government agencies and I know a number of government and military people
 on
this list alone.
In a large hypothetical company you should look at the source of this
hypothetical memo and trace it back to a salesman from broadvision.
Hypothetically, scare tactics are the best sales weapon.