Yes - I know it can be done; I'm just looking for recommendations
 on companies that provide e-mail services.  Swishmail.com is
 one, for example; they host mail for your domain and let you
 configure your own accounts and check e-mail via the web or POP.
  I just wanted to see if anyone else had any experience with
 other services that might be less expensive and/or have better
 service.

BTW, I'm on cable modem and Roadrunner won't manage e-mail for my
 domain unless I change to a business account.  The ISP that
 houses our co-lo box is a small outfit and they don't have a
 web-based administration for setting up accounts or checking
 mail.  You have to call them for every change and can only
 access your mail with a POP client.  That is why we resorted to
 running our own mail server in the first place, but we just
 can't keep the box up 100% of the time.

Sorry my question was confusing, but I appreciate you taking the
 time to respond.

Jackson

> I don't know how to implement it, but I do know that it was (
>fairly
>easily ) done by a UNIX guy I used to work with.
> Mail stuff (I.E. smtp requests?) can easily be redirected to
 one
>place
>while http requests are directed to another.
>
>  ( wouldn't it have made more sense to contact your ISP in the
>first
>place ? )
>
>At 10:13 AM 09/24/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>>I am looking for any recommendations you cf-talk guys might
 have
>> about e-mail services for hosting the e-mail for my domain.
>>
>>I share a co-located server with a few other developers for
 work
>> we do on the side and we have been running our own mail
 server
>> for awhile, but because we use this box for development
>> purposes, it isn't up 100% of the time.  I'd like to continue
>> do my own web hosting, but would like to move my e-mail
 hosting