I got this in a newsletter today...He says IIS6 may be out by 1Q 2002.

IIS 6.0 is a complete paradigm shift; it provides an infrastructure
that installs security hotfixes by default. IIS 6.0 also lets you
download hotfixes and apply them automatically as they become
available.

IIS 6.0 includes these security enhancements:
   - Configurable Worker Process Identities, which let you start
services under the security context of LocalSystem, LocalService,
NetworkService, or a configurable account.
   - Selectable Crypto Service Provider, which lets you use hardware-
based Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). Hardware-based SSL is lightning-fast
compared with the SSL latency we have to deal with today in IIS 5.0 and
older releases.
   - Remotable Certificate installation and removal, which lets you
install and remove certificates on remote computers.
   - Publishing, which you can disable.
   - Delegation for all protocols so you can securely distribute a
Kerberos ticket when you use Digest, Basic, NT LAN Manager (NTLM), or
Passport.
   - Sand-boxed FTP, which lets you configure FTP sites so only
specific users can upload content.

http://www.iisadministrator.com

jon