> Thank you for this link.  I have a related question.  I have
> installed CF 5.0 on a Win2K system (with CFGRAPH support).
> I'm considering also installing on the same machine either
> or both of JRUN 3.1 Advanced Ed. and Macromedia Generator 2
> Developer Ed. Could you provide me with some insight as to
> the potential problems this would cause? The release notes
> link you provided explains how to replace the "lite" version
> of Generator with the full version. Okay. Now, what about the
> "lite" version of JRUN? Can I replace that as well? What are
> the issues? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I haven't put all three on a single server yet - and don't plan to, either.
The problem, as I see it, is that you'd end up with three different copies
(and probably three different versions) of JRun. I don't think you can
configure an external copy of JRun to support CF's needs, and I don't know
how well you'd be able to set up Generator to use an external copy of JRun -
as I recall, the version of JRun used by Generator uses Generator-specific
JAR files, and doesn't support using EJBs or doing other things that you'd
probably want to do with JRun applications.

In general, you can have separate copies of JRun installed, but I don't know
if you can run them all concurrently as services. Personally, I haven't had
much luck with that. I've set up all three on machines used in training
classes, but in the class the standalone copy of JRun default and admin
servers are run as applications instead of services.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496