> i have a custom tag named textinput in custom tags
> directory.I am calling the custom tag from a
> default.cfm file from webroot folder.The webroot
> folder also has a file named textinput.cfm.
> Now which file would the default.cfm call whether the
> file in webroot folder or in custom tags directory.
>
> Or in other words what is the precedence in calling
> custom tags.

When you use

<CF_FOO>

ColdFusion will look in the following locations in the respective order
listed:

1. The same directory as the calling page.
2. The first global custom tags directory (typically C:\CFUSION\CustomTags)
3. Any subdirectories within (2).
4. The second global custom tags directory, if there is one - CF 5 allows
you to add multiple global custom tag directories within CF Administrator,
CF 4 allows you to do this by editing the Registry directly.
5. Any subdirectories within (4).

If there are more than two global custom tag directories, repeat (4) and (5)
for each additional one.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496