I would love to have a look at that as well.

Cheers

Kola

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Kear [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2001 4:11 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: How to find out the page to send 'em back to

Yes please!  This seems such a simple answer.  I had never thought of that
approach.    I would be very grateful if you would send me that code
example.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP WebWorks

When you want a user to log in don't send him to a form or something.
Just use cfheader to send a HTTP 401 (or was it 403?) to the user.
Include some realm info as per RFC 2617 and make the authentication type
basic. User gets a popup window which asks for authentication info. Upon
completion of username and password the browser simply repeats the
original HTTP reqeust, but adds a header with the authentication info.
On the server, catch the header, extract the username and password and
set a client variable (your specs above leave the possibility of using
client variables and storing them in your own database).

If you want I can send a code example tonight.