From: Dave Watts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 21 October 2001 21:12
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: problem downloading .exe file (double post)

> I am having a problem setting up a link to download a .exe
> file. I have a page with a link to the file like so:

> but when I click on it and try to download I get the
> following message:
>
> File download of [screensaver.exe] was not completed
> succesfully. Server has internal error
>
> IS this a mime type problem? If so, can anyone tell me the
> mime type for exe files?

I don't think it's a MIME problem. Instead, I think it's that your web
server is executing the file, instead of simply passing it back to the
browser. If you're using IIS, right-click on the directory within the IIS
MMC, and set it to only read or execute scripts.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496