Jeff,

like Joseph said, there are the SOXML options to go down to alter your XML
file - but you should be aware that Flash currently processes pure text
variable files much quicker than XML files. This was an issue that
Figleaf/Allaire/Macromedia came across during the development of the Flash
Component Kit for Coldfusion (Harpoon) , and is why this component kit
doesn't use xml to pass variables to its flash movies.

To this end - we create text files in CF with cffile or cfcontent which are
read in by our flash movies rather than use XML. We've found that with the
applications we did, the text files would be at least a whole second
quicker, but you make experience different results depending on your flash
app.

Rich Wild