> I had some luck if I defined the file manually (i.e. by
> running the browser in the file.  Ha, or even the *file*
> in the *browser*!):
>
> <cfsetting showdebugoutput="true">
> <cfheader name="Content-Disposition" value="attachment;
> filename=c:\inetpub\wwwroot\bounty\affiliates\feeds\W#URL.ca#">
> <cfcontent type="application/unknown"
> file="c:\inetpub\wwwroot\bounty\affiliates\feeds\W#URL.ca#"
> deletefile="no">
>
> This is just on my local machine, but it's not ideal. This
> brought up a Downloading dialog box, but again it failed when
> I tried to call it from my custom tag via cfhttp. What I'd like
> to do (and what doesn't work) is something like this:
>
> <cfsetting showdebugoutput="true">
> <cfheader name="Content-Disposition" value="attachment;
> filename=feeds/W#URL.ca#">
> <cfcontent type="application/unknown" file="feeds/W#URL.ca#"
> deletefile="no">
>
> But I don't know how, as this didn't even work calling it in
> my browser. I also tried appending the file and filename attribs
> with a .txt extension to read W#url.ca#.txt - this gave WAuto.txt
> and loaded it, but loaded the file direct into the browser. But
> again, calling this file by cfhttp just didn't work.

What are you trying to do, exactly? If you call the file with CFHTTP, what
do you want to happen? If you're using CFHTTP, you really don't need any of
the CFHEADER or alternate MIME type stuff; you can just take the results of
the CFHTTP request and save it as a file from within your CF program.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496
fax: (202) 797-5444