I am still amazed that even service packs for Macromedia (nee Allaire)
products like CF Studio require another massive download of around 20Mb.
And that's for Studio. The servers (4.5x) were even larger.

With CF 5 at around an 80Mb install archive I pray that this is rectified
before the first inevitable service pack.

Additionally - unless you live in the US of A it can be problematic
downloading, say CF5 Studio Eval (20.8Mb) from the US. Why, with
distributors worldwide, can we not download from a local mirror? Without
the same page after page of forms just to get to the URL for the download
(which I admit appears to be dynamic and not physical)?

FTP is still the best way to download such large files and
Macromedia/Allaire do not support it well enough.