> But surely that means that CF is using double the memory for every
> request... Memory to store the session details and memory to store the
> session details..

Tis true, but the sites I've done so far aren't generally high-traffic
sites, and there haven't been any problems. In fact, 99% of the time
in the work I do, session variables - and hence the request scope
doubling-up - are only used in the backend CMS, only used by a
few people at a time.

Plus, my guess is/was that the general server load would be balanced out
by the reduction of any number of <CFLOCK>s down to one (in
application.cfm) - tho this could be a wrong-headed way of
thinking about it.

Anyone got any opinions - even better, stats! - on the impact of
using this session > request transference technique on server
performance/load? At what sort of stage / under what circumstances
would it become a real issue?

> Whats wrong with setting CFAdmin to automatically lock reads... That way
> any time you read a shared var ie IsDefined and DSN's etc its already
> locked... Then all you have to do is lock the writes..

The majority of the sites I do, I don't have access to CF Admin.

- Gyrus