Actually, I just gave a presentation about this last night.

What you'll need to do is create your collection using the standard
ColdFusion Admin panel.  Index your documents using the Administrative
Control panel.  Then add the Collection to your k2Server.ini file using an
alias (So if you name your collection "documents" in the CF admin, name your
K2 collection "documents_file" or something like that).  Also make sure that
you are pointing at the file subdirectory of the collection (Verity will
create two sub-dirs File and Custom).

You should now be able to restart the K2 Server and the Collection should be
searchable.  Let me know if this makes sense because it didn't to me at
first.  It's a real hack trying to get this to work.

Contact me off-list if you are still having problems.

Jeff Garza
Lead Developer/Webmaster
Spectrum Astro, Inc.
480.892.8200