> A bit OT,(just an intellectual exercise for me...) but I'm
> curious as to why?? you are using arrow keys to navigate the fields?

It's for a web application that (amongst other things) allows our clients to
submit fuel data.

I did some initial usability tests with our analysts (BTW, I can *highly*
recommend Steve Krug's book "Don't Make Me Think" - saw it mentioned on Ben
Forta's site) and they told me that it's much easier to enter figures going
down the page, then across a column, then down again, etc. There's about 5
columns.

BTW, anyone know a good JavaScript mailing list?

> What is the user to do when they need to arrow key around
> inside a text box ???  Though I can understand moving around
> a big grid with Tab/ShiftTab can be a drag.

Either use the mouse to position the cursor inside the text box or arrow
left and right again and overtype the original value (when the field gains
focus, it selects the contents). They are only 5 digit numbers, so it's not
a lot to retype.

--
Aidan Whitehall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Macromedia ColdFusion Developer