It looks just like my create user account, take a look and hope it helps.

 <CFQUERY DATASOURCE="#application.dsn#" NAME="check_login">
  SELECT  email,
    password
  FROM cust_contacts
  WHERE email = '#email#'
  AND  password = '#password#'
 </CFQUERY>

 <!--- CHECK TO SEE IF THE USER EXISTS IN THE DB AND IF THEY DO, REDIRECT
THEM TO
   THE ERROR PAGE AND NOTIFY THEM TO LOGIN NORMALLY. //--->

<CFIF CHECK_LOGIN.RECORDCOUNT GT 0>
     <CFLOCATION URL="/index.cfm?fuseaction=error&message=1">
   <CFELSE>

<!--- IF THE USER DOES NOT EXIST, INSERT THEM INTO THE DATABASE//--->

<CFTRANSACTION>
  <CFQUERY DATASOURCE="#application.dsn#" NAME="insert_cust_login">
   DECLARE @maxid int
   BEGIN
   SELECT  @maxid = MAX(ID)
   FROM   cust_contacts