Sorry, I didn't read closer enough/catch what you were looking for. Here's a
couple of examples you might modify to see if they get you what you're
after...two ways of getting to the same place really. Likely won't work with
NS4 though...

1) Switch Classes onMouseover:

onmouseover="className='NEW_CLASS_NAME'"
onmouseout="className='ORIGINAL_CLASS_NAME'"

2) Apply specific style attributes onMouseover:

onmouseover="this.style.backgroundColor='#f7f7ce';
             this.style.Color='#990000';
             this.style.cursor='hand';
             this.style.border='1px solid Black';"
onmouseout="this.style.backgroundColor='#ffcc33';
            this.style.Color='#000000'
            this.style.cursor='';
            this.style.border='1px solid #FFCC33';"

Not sure if either of these gets you what you are after. Let me know if not
and I'll take another run at it.

Ken