I like bastardizing Fusebox... in its purest sense it is ideal like OOP...
OOP is still quite abstract as most developers learned non-OOP stuff as a an
introduction into computing...code has a lot of dependencies on other things
and programs can break for some distant reasons...

Fusebox specification is interesting and has some good things about it...
notably the centralized index.cfm ... however, I think fused sites would
work better if people flattened all the subdirs down to just one index
page... we often get plagued by subdirs and sub indexes... lots of open this
file and that file.. reminds me of compile time with any other language...
notably C and Java...

At any rate, I would say the Fusebox specification should be shown to all
developers... it is a good centralized sort of design... nice to see we can
go to one page to add a new handler if you will that is in fact a page with
its own logic... makes sense, like a building directory or book index...

the naming convention and idea of breaking things into display and sql
isolated files is pretty good.. as it allows me to hop into a project and
find broken pieces on other developers work and immediately go to tweaking
things..

IN its finest form it isolate things so you can have in a real development
environment:

1. A DBA writing SQL.
2. A designer doing the DSP pages.
3. A web master handling the index.cfm files..
4. A web developer handling the logic and programming..

to me, it makes collaboration able to exist... and I suppose that is in part
one of the designs and benefits of OOP...

with the FUSE you have 4 points of problems.. with debugging on you can see
the pieces.. you can see the variables.. you can see the parts and logic...
and isolating things can be alarmingly easy...

-paris