Hi,

We are running CF4.5.1 on Solaris.  We are going to start expanding the
functionality of CF with Java.  When I went into the CF Admin and setup Java
with the necessary information I still was having a hard time getting it to
work.  I kept getting errors that CF was not able to attach to JavaVM.

Upon checking the logs, it indicated that I had the Memory Heap Size set to
1024 and 2048 was required.  I changed the setting to 2048 and stopped and
started CF.

When I did this, the CFServer will now not come back up.  I get this error
in the server.log: "Unknown exception occurred while trying initialize the
service."

The only thing that changed was the Memory Heap Size.  I am not sure if the
reason CF won't start back up is because it is trying to start the JVM and
can't now that it has the correct minmum setting for the Memory Heap Size or
what is keeping the server from coming back up.

Has anyone seen anything like this before and have any suggestions?  Does
anyone know of a way to edit the Memory Heap setting to set it back to its
original setting without being able to get to the CF Admin?

Thank you in advance for any help/advice.

Kevin Cundick
Webmaster
Flying J Inc