Jeffrey,

A stab in the dark, but...

Check the registry to ensure that the location of the collection is correct.

You'll find this info in the
HKLM\Software\Allaire\Coldfusion\Currentversion\collections\collectionname
branch.

If there's a problem here, then my guess is perhaps the cfregistry tag has
been disabled on your production servers, despite being enabled for the CF
Administrator folder (this is default setting).

HTH,
Dave