Yes, the forumspot.org software was previously sold by Allaire, before
being open-sourced. There were many complaints from users who had bought
that software and failed to get decent support from Allaire (presumably
because noone there had written it perhaps) and I think that was of the
not-so-official reasons for o/s'ing it. But what I remember is that
original software was developed by someone other than Allaire.