Each field in a properly structured relational database should contain
no more than one value. Fix that and your current "problem" goes away.

----- Original Message -----
  From: Mark Leder
  To: CF-Talk
  Sent: Sunday, November 25, 2001 3:24 PM
  Subject: Loop a db field

  I have an Access db with a field entitled "topics".  This is a memo
field
  with a comma separated list of text values, such as attitude, image,
change
  management, etc.

  When I submit a form using a drop down box to pick the word
"attitude", how
  do I set up the query on the results page to loop through all the
records in
  that field to find and output the results of the word "attitude"? (I
need to
  return all fields in the db for display purposes, such as name,
address,
  etc.)

  <cfquery name = "q_foo" datasource = db1"
    SELECT * from t_list
    ORDER BY lastname
  </cfquery>

  <cfloop .... </cfloop>