On 11/29/01, Dave Watts penned:
>  > > $16,000.00. LOL
>>
>>  Eh??
>>
>>  $350 or $400 depending on whether you want a Parallel or USB hardware.
>
>That's the price of the CFX, right? You'd still have to pay for using PGP on
>a server, which is very expensive. I'm pretty sure that the desktop PGP
>license from NAI doesn't allow server use.

Yep. The cfx tag is about $350.00 now. Unless you're going to use it
on your own personal computer for personal use only, or on an
intranet with a fixed number of people that may access it, you need
the PGP commercial server license. $16,000.00 last I checked. I asked
Digital Outlook if they were considering maybe making something that
works with GnuGP. I was a little upset as I bought cfx_pgp when it
was 199 bucks a couple years ago, and they said on their site all you
need is the 49.00 version of PGP to run it. So I paid for software
that I can't use. Now they have a link to the commercial desktop
version of PGP, which is pretty misleading still. When you get there
and click on Price Quote, it comes out to about 400 bucks per seat. I
called NAI and asked if I run it on a web server, can I buy several
licenses and limit the number of persons that can connect to it at
once. I got a terse "NO" and was told that to run it in a web
environment I'd need the server license. $16k

They really should have on their site that in order to use this
product on a web server that you need the commercial server license
and they should tell you how much it costs.
--

Bud Schneehagen - Tropical Web Creations

ColdFusion Solutions / eCommerce Development
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.twcreations.com/