> First webserver I ever played with was Fnord! webserver in
> 1996. I haven't used it since, and after doing a quick search,
> was surprised to find out that it looks like it's become a
> Microsoft Research project... Or maybe it always was? I have
> no idea! I just remembers finding it on Stroud's List way back
> when and thinking it was super cool because it ran on Win95. I
> *think* I even got CF 1.5 up and running on it at one time.

I don't think Microsoft Research's involvement with Fnord! goes beyond
porting it to IPv6. To the best of my knowledge, Fnord! is the only web
server you can use on IPv6 on Windows.

I think WinHTTPD (the grandfather of WebSite) was the first Windows web
server - it ran on Windows 3.1, if I recall correctly.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496
fax: (202) 797-5444