Running a trace causes the server to just hit a wall(the more memory the better),
depending on the traffic of course.  Is there a reason you need to do the trace that
can be done another way?

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 11/30/01 09:55AM >>>
This morning I started a trace on a database wanting specific info such as
connections, who connects, and what they are doing in that db.  I then started up
Enterprise Manager and worked with no problems.  I have SA rights.  A user called and
said that he opened EM and then click on databases and it says "NO ITEMS".  Then
another then another.  Yet it was strange that they could see everything except for
databases.  The web server had no problem talking to the sql server.  That is the
other monkey wrench that was thrown in.  When I stopped the trace they hit disconnect
and then connect and the databases could be seen again.  HELP!!!  Please help me and
tell me what is going on here or what am I doing wrong.  I am running NT4 sp6 MSSQL7
version 7 sp3.  MDAC 2.6.

Josh