It shouldn't be a problem.  The logic on the server side with ColdFusion
would be the same as for a web (browser) interface to an e-mail account;
only the display piece is different.  Some suggested reading and sites:

Wrox titles: Beginning WAP, Professional
Sams title: Wap Development With Wml and Wmlscript

Site: http://www.anywhereyougo.com/

Regards,,
Joel Parramore