I am attempting to use cfhttp to automate my login to another site.

The login "action page" is checklogin.asp.   If  I cfhttp to that page using
port 443 and method of post
with appropriate form fields as cfhttpparam  I get a connection error

<cfhttp url="https://secure.findwhat.com/accountmanagement/checklogin.asp";
method="POST" port="443" resolveurl="true" useragent="Mozilla/4.0
(compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows NT 5.0) " timeout="30">
<cfhttpparam name="user_name" type="FORMFIELD"
value="#attributes.username#">
<cfhttpparam name="password" type="FORMFIELD" value="#attributes.password#">
</cfhttp>

First Question. Why do I get a connection error. If i go to that page
directly in the browser it just redirects me to the login page (as I would
expect since the form wasnt submitted). Increasing the timeout doesnt help
and I have verified that the attributes are correct.

I can work around this by grabbing the login form(login.asp not
checklogin.asp)  with a cfhttp (GET) , populate the form fields
programatically and add js to autosubmit the form from the onloadmethod.
This logs me in but of course this is only good in an interactive setting
because the login doesn't occur until the page is served.

My goal is to login and then move to another page within the site and grab
that page via cfhttp.

Any suggestions.